Friday, January 23, 2009

My Simple Minestrone

Photobucket

Ha! aka clean out the fridge soup. I made spaghetti earlier in the week and substituted shell macaroni in lieu of the traditional spaghetti noodles.....I also needed them for the Krab salad.

The leftover sauce was the base for the soup.
I added to it

1/2 onion chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
handful of shredded carrots chopped
bell pepper chopped
saute in pan with olive oil to tender
add the LO sauce and shells
leftover green beans and corn
beef base
water
spices, garlic, white pepper, paprika
That is it! taking out 2 tasks in one fell swoop.Cleaning out my fridge and making dinner. I think it took me maybe 15 minutes to get this together, you cannot get much simpler or frugal-er than that!
Have a great weekend gals!
val

1 comment:

Lana said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the comment!