Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday January 19th

Breakfasts alternate from fruit and oatmeal with plain yogurt, and eggs with veggies, my husband felt it was needed to add 1 more for variety,aaaah fruit and protein shakes with an english muffin. LOL. I am not very creative in this department as my main concern is getting enough fiber and protein to hold those blood sugars stable.

All Dinners served with a vegetable side and green salad.

Sunday: Elk Steak and potato bites
Monday: Mexican Fiesta
Tuesday: Almond Chicken and lowfat egg rolls
Wednesday: Spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday: Polish Dogs and kraut
Friday: Minestrone Soup
Saturday: Leftovers

Lunches: My husband takes leftovers from the night before and I must get creative for my daughter as she does not have the convenience of a reheating. So now I make a plan for hers as well, planning those bentos/laptop lunches. She does get milk at school.

M: Krab and cream cheese pinwheels, kiwi, grapes, cheddar cubes, teddy grahams
T: Ham & cheese pita bites, salad with croutons, orange slices,
W: Almond chicken with rice, 1/2 an egg roll ( this goes in her hot thermos) side of soy sauce and sticky rice shapes.
Th:Krab salad, kiwi, and breadstick
F: Spaghetti and meatballs in hot thermos, breadstick, and veggies with a side of ranch.

Have a fabulous day ladies,
Val

1 comment:

DG said...

Hi Val, thanks for dropping by my blog.

I love menu planning too! Actually I also love cooking, bento-making, baking etc.. So when I have the time, I love to plan a whole week menu including all the goodies that I will bake. The only problem is I get distracted throughout the week and rarely follows the plan!

it would be great to see some photos of the dinners you have planned for the week. :) oh by the way, you have an attractive blog!