Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Time to get back into the swing of things now that school has resumed. I have been menu planning for a year now, it has slashed my grocery budget by a few hundred dollars, as it really taught me to watch prices and food does not go to waste. This is the first time I have posted the menu. I will be talking coupons later. My gal pal Lisa got me hooked on printable coupons, combined with cruising online adds it makes for a much more enjoyable experience and reduces the temptation of throwing whatever in the cart. Gotta have a plan girls, it really helps no matter what your budget is.Photobucket

Breakfasts rotate oatmeal with fruit/protein smoothies or eggs with veggie scramble on whole grain tortillas.
Lunches consist of leftovers from the night before with a side salad. Hubby takes a lunch 90% of the time.
Snacks are a choice of fruit, almonds, hard boiled egg,crunchy vegetables.


Dinners are all served with a vegetable and a green salad.

Monday: Sheperds Pie
Tuesday: Pot Roast
Wednesday: Fagitas
Thursday: Chicken Rice Curry
Friday: Tacos or Taco Salad
Saturday: Chili and cornbread
Sunday: Beef Noodle and Chicken Noodle soups with homemade (freeze extra for hubby lunches)

On track today to get my cupboards cleaned up and plan my 2 week shopping list as well as it is the beginning of the month. We are trying to increase our vegetable intake. Both my hubby and I feel bloated and sluggish after the holidays.

Have a wonderful day Cowgirls, junk gypsy's, sisters and Moms everywhere!!!!

S.C.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sounds like a great week.